Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Stranded on a desert island with 5 Tai-Chi books...
I have played this mental game for years. What if I'm stranded on a desert island with only five Tai-Chi books. What would they be? How about if I was quarantined and could only bring 5 books? Over the years, since about 1986, the first four have been consistent. The fifth has revolved and evolved. Here is my list, with a few for the fifth place. Enjoy your quarantine!
1. Tai Chi Chuan for Health and Self-Defense by Master T.T. Liang
2. Tai-Chi Touchstones; Yang's Family Secret Transmissions by Douglas Wile
3. Ch'eng Tzu's Thirteen Treatise' on Tai-Chi Chuan trans by Benjamin Lo
4. Tai-Chi Chuan and Meditation by Da Liu
5. On Tai-Chi Chuan by T.Y. Pang
5A There Are No Secrets by Wolfe Lowenthal
5B Fundamentals of Tai-Chi Chuan by Wen-shan Huang
5C Tao of Tai Chi Chuan by Jou Tsung Hua
5D Reeling Silk by Paul B. Gallagher
5E Tai-Chi Chuan, Its Effects and Practical Applications by Yearning K. Chen